4.1. Reasons your water service may be shut off:
- If you don’t pay charges for service within 30 days of billing.
- If you don’t provide reasonable access to your meter for readings.
- If you don’t pay for your willful or negligent damage to CFPUA facilities.
- If you don’t make good a worthless check and pay the NSF fee within five (5) business days of notice by the Authority.
- If you allow a potential safety or health hazard to customer or Authority property and/or personnel.
- If you don’t pay within 30 days any fees or charges assessed for violation of any portion of the water and sewer ordinance.
4.2. How to Get Service Turned Back On: You will need to call a Customer Service Representative and make payment in full of all charges and fees in cash, certified check, or credit card. The Customer Service Representative will tell you in what time period a technician will be at your house to turn the water back on. You will need to have a responsible person at the house when the technician arrives (see Section 2.1) to turn the water back on.
4.3. Tampering with Meter: It is against the law for you to tamper with the meter to reconnect your water. If you do, you will be charged a tampering fee which will also need to be paid before your water is turned back on.