- 9 a.m.
- 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Lucie Harrell Conference Room, New Hanover County Building
Monthly Board Meeting Summary
The Cape Fear Public Utility Authority held its regular meeting on June 9, 2021. The Board recognized Mr. James R. Flechtner for his service to the community. Mr. Flechtner joined CFPUA as an Engineering Manager in 2008 when the Authority opened its doors and became Executive Director in 2014. Prior to that, he worked for the City of Wilmington.
The Board approved its contract with Mr. Kenneth Waldroup, the next Executive Director. Mr. Waldroup comes to the area from Raleigh Water.
The Board approved its budget for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2021. The Operating budget is $91,968,325, and the Capital budget is $27,530,000. The budget does not contain any increases for water and sewer rates.
The Board approved a Resolution supporting the pursuit of federal and local funds to support CFPUA Assist and to pursue legislative revisions that would allow CFPUA and other utilities to fund customer service assistance programs.
The agenda and supporting documents may be found at the link on the bottom of this webpage. Printed copies will be provided upon request.
The next regular CFPUA meeting will be on Wednesday, July 14, 2021. The Board will meet in the Lucie Harrell Conference Room, New Hanover County Administration Building, 230 Government Center Drive, Wilmington, North Carolina.
Donna S. Pope, Clerk to the Board
Meetings are televised and are posted in the video archives once available.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Policy for Public Comment
CFPUA establishes the following policy for public comment before the Authority Board. All comments and suggestions addressed to the Board during the Public Comment Period shall be subject to the following guidelines:
- The public comment period shall be held at the beginning of the meeting on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 9 a.m. and shall last no longer than 15 minutes. Time can be extended at the discretion of the Board.
- Each speaker will have a maximum of 4 minutes to make remarks.
- No time will be yielded to a speaker by another speaker.
- Persons who wish to address the Board will register on a sign-up sheet that will be available in the meeting room. The sign-up sheet will be available 15 minutes before the start of the meeting.
- Persons who wish to address the Board regarding items on the day’s agenda shall notify the Clerk prior to the meeting and register on the sign-up sheet identifying the item to be discussed. The Board shall entertain a motion and vote as to whether or not a person may speak regarding an Agenda item.
- Speakers will be acknowledged by the Board in the order in which their names appear on the sign-up sheet. Speakers will address the Board from the lectern and begin their remarks by stating their name and address.
- Public comment is not intended to require the Board to answer any impromptu questions. Any action on items brought up during the comment period will be at the discretion of the Board.
- Speakers will discuss issues germane to the Cape Fear Public Utility Authority.
- Speakers shall not discuss matters deemed to be "closed session" type issues (personnel matters, litigation, property acquisition, attorney-client privilege, matters made confidential bylaw, and matters which are the subject of public hearings).
- Speakers will not discuss matters regarding the candidacy of any person seeking public office, including the candidacy of the person addressing the Board.
- Speakers will be courteous in their language and presentation. Profanity and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- Written comments and/or supporting documents maybe left with the Clerk to the Board.
View and print this document (PDF).