- 9 a.m.
- 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Rooms 138-139, New Hanover County Building, 230 Government Center Drive, Wilmington, North Carolina
Monthly Board Meeting Summary
The Cape Fear Public Utility Authority held its regular meeting on Wednesday, November 8, 2023. The Board received its Annual Report for 2023 from Executive Director Ken Waldroup. The Board received staff reports and approved contracts in continuance of its normal operations. The Board held a closed session to discuss contract negotiations and litigation matters.
CFPUA's next meeting will be Wednesday, December 13, 2023, in Rooms 138-139, New Hanover County Administration Building. The agenda will be posted on this website before the meeting.
Should you need further information, please contact me at the phone number below or at using the contact form shown on the right.
Donna S. Pope, Clerk to the Board
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
2023 MEETING SCHEDULE
January 11, 2023
February 8, 2023
March 8, 2023
April 12, 2023
May 10, 2023
June 14, 2023
July 12, 2023 (canceled as of June 14, 2023)
August 9, 2023
September 13, 2023
October 11, 2923
November 8, 2023
December 13, 2023
Policy for Public Comment
CFPUA establishes the following policy for public comment before the Authority Board. All comments and suggestions addressed to the Board during the Public Comment Period shall be subject to the following guidelines:
- The public comment period shall be held at the beginning of the meeting on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 9 a.m. and shall last no longer than 15 minutes. Time can be extended at the discretion of the Board.
- Each speaker will have a maximum of 4 minutes to make remarks.
- No time will be yielded to a speaker by another speaker.
- Persons who wish to address the Board will register on a sign-up sheet that will be available in the meeting room. The sign-up sheet will be available 15 minutes before the start of the meeting.
- Persons who wish to address the Board regarding items on the day’s agenda shall notify the Clerk prior to the meeting and register on the sign-up sheet identifying the item to be discussed. The Board shall entertain a motion and vote as to whether or not a person may speak regarding an Agenda item.
- Speakers will be acknowledged by the Board in the order in which their names appear on the sign-up sheet. Speakers will address the Board from the lectern and begin their remarks by stating their name and address.
- Public comment is not intended to require the Board to answer any impromptu questions. Any action on items brought up during the comment period will be at the discretion of the Board.
- Speakers will discuss issues germane to the Cape Fear Public Utility Authority.
- Speakers shall not discuss matters deemed to be "closed session" type issues (personnel matters, litigation, property acquisition, attorney-client privilege, matters made confidential bylaw, and matters which are the subject of public hearings).
- Speakers will not discuss matters regarding the candidacy of any person seeking public office, including the candidacy of the person addressing the Board.
- Speakers will be courteous in their language and presentation. Profanity and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- Written comments and/or supporting documents maybe left with the Clerk to the Board.