Understanding Your Bill
CFPUA bills each month, around every 27 to 35 days, so you will receive 12 bills per year. Variations to this schedule may occur due to weekends, holidays, and weather events.
Total Amount Due reflects the total for the current one-month billing period, which also includes the Past Due amount.
Payment due date is 25 days after the account is billed. If payment is not received by the due date:
- A late fee is applied;
- A delinquent letter is sent 14 days after the due date;
- The account becomes eligible for disconnection 14 days after the date of the delinquency letter.
READING YOUR BILL
Below is an example of a bill with key sections highlighted:
1. Total amount due and due date: Reflects the latest month’s service charges as well as any past-due charges. The due date is when the current charges are due. If there is a previous/opening balance, these charges are considered past due and could result in disconnection of services.
2. Account number: The number assigned to your individual account. Use this number to set up online Customer Self-Service at www.CFPUA.org/Online.
3. Account summary: Shows your account balance and recent activity, including total amount due, charges for the previous service month, and your most recent payment.
4. Current charges: Total charges for the current service period.
5. Monthly water usage: Shows your volumetric water usage by month in thousands of gallons (TGAL).
6. CFPUA charges: Charges for water and sewer services for the current service period. CFPUA charges base water and sewer rates as well as volumetric rates based on monthly consumption. Click here to learn more about CFPUA’s water and sewer rates.
7. City of Wilmington charges: CFPUA customers who are also City of Wilmington residents may have City Residential Trash and Stormwater charges appear on their CFPUA bill. While these charges are included on your CFPUA bill for convenience, Trash and Stormwater services are managed by the City of Wilmington. To learn more about Trash and Stormwater services, click the links below:
8. Meter readings: Includes the date on which your home’s water meter was read, the current month’s meter reading, and the previous month’s meter reading.