Inspections & Permits


Certificate of Occupancy

As of March 4, 2019, all certificate of occupancy and certificate of compliance inspections will need to be requested on the New Hanover County COAST Development Portal. Any re-inspection fees will need to be paid at CFPUA Customer Service please (910) 332-6550 prior to requesting a re-inspection.    

The NHC COAST Development Portal link is below:                                                                                         

NHC Coast CFPUA Inquiries

Complete all items on this CO Inspection Checklist (PDF)



Apply for the following permits online with Customer Service:

30-Day Irrigation Permit (PDF)
Fire Protection System Permit (PDF)
Underground Fire Line Permit (PDF)

Apply for the following permits online with Community Compliance:

Authorization to Construct (ATC) for Grease Interceptor Permit (PDF)
For all new grease interceptor installations

Authorization to Construct (ATC) for Trap Separators Permit (PDF)
For all new oil/water separators installations

Backflow Installation Permit (PDF)
For your Backflow Prevention Assembly installation and inspection.

Brewery Permit (PDF)
For all new breweries

Food Service Establishment (FSE) Permit (PDF)
For all new restaurants

Industrial Waste Survey - Short Form (PDF)

Industrial Waste Survey - Long Form (PDF)

Special Water Use Permit - For Hydrant Use (PDF)
For hydrant use during a community event.