Working At CFPUA
We offer a variety of career opportunities ranging from plant operations and engineering to administration and finance. Our staff are diverse, skilled and dedicated to providing quality water services for our community. Consider joining our dedicated staff by viewing our Current Openings. CFPUA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Are only accepted for current opportunities
- Must be completed and received by the closing date. If applying for multiple positions, please complete one application per position.
- Must be signed and dated
- May be accompanied by a resume and cover letter, but these do not take the place of the completed application.
Applications must be submitted to our Human Resources office by mail, fax, in person, or through our online form.
- Application for Employment (PDF)
- Application Continuation page (PDF)
- Employee Handbook (PDF)
- FY19 Pay Grade Scale
- Positions & Grades Analysis FY19
Mail or Hand deliver:
Cape Fear Public Utility Authority
Attention: Human Resources
235 Government Center Drive
Wilmington, NC 28403
Fax: (910) 332-6351
Some Helpful Tips
- List all periods of employment, including specifying part-time or full-time and all major duties.
- Please do not write “SEE RESUME”
- Use an application continuation page if you’ve worked for more than three (3) employers.
- List current working telephone numbers.
- List any special training or programs completed.
- Indicate your highest level of education attained and schools attended.
- Indicate all relevant skills you possess.
- List all licenses, certifications or registrations you have been awarded.
- Attach copies of licenses and/or certifications to the application.
- You must indicate if you have ever been convicted of any crime other than a minor traffic violation. Violations must be explained (offense, disposition, date of conviction and circumstances) on a separate sheet of paper attached to the application.