Working At CFPUA
Cape Fear Public Utility Authority’s diverse and skilled staff is dedicated to providing quality water and wastewater services to our community. Career opportunities at CFPUA range from plant operations and engineering to customer service and administration. Every position supports CFPUA’s core mission of stewardship, sustainability, and service.
If you would like to join our team, please view our Current Job Opportunities. CFPUA is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications may be submitted to our Human Resources Department by mail, fax, in person, or using our online application. If you are mailing, hand-delivering, or faxing your application, please download and complete the mandatory Application for Employment and Application Continuation Page (located below) and return to:
Cape Fear Public Utility Authority
Attention: Human Resources
235 Government Center Drive
Wilmington, NC 28403
View Map for directions
- Applications are only accepted for current job openings.
- Applications must be completed and received by the Human Resources Department before the closing date.
- If applying for multiple positions, please complete one application per position.
- Applications must be signed and dated.
- Resumes and cover letters are accepted as an attachment to the CFPUA application, not instead of.
- Provide complete information on your education and work history. Do not use the phrase "See Resume".
- As you describe your work history, make sure you highlight your competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and work behaviors) that demonstrate your qualifications for the position for which you are applying.
- If you held more than one position for the same employer, list each job separately.
- List all licenses and certifications that are relevant to the position you are applying for. Attach copies to your application.
- You must indicate if you have been convicted of any crime other than a minor traffic violation. Violations must be explained (offense, dispositions, date of conviction and circumstances) on the application.
- Application for Employment (PDF) - if not applying online
- Application Continuation page (PDF) - if not applying online
- Benefits Handbook
- Employee Handbook (PDF)
If you have any questions or need any further assistance, please contact us at: