Donna S. Pope,
Clerk to the Board
235 Government Center Drive
Ph: (910) 332-6543
Fx: (910) 799-6066
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Cape Fear Public Utility Authority’s mission is to provide high quality water and sewer service in an environmentally responsible manner while maintaining the lowest practicable cost.
Meetings are at 9:00 am on the second Wednesday of each month
New Hanover County Government Center
135 Government Center Dr.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Authority Board Members
Authority Board Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are available upon approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
Meetings are televised and are posted once available.
June 12, 2013 Board Meeting Summary
The Cape Fear Public Utility Authority held its regular meeting on Wednesday, June 12, 2013.
The Board adopted the FY2014 Budget, for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2013. The Budget includes an operating fund of $72,775,200, System Development Funds of $3,000,000, and a Capital Projects Fund of $24,338,007. The Capital Projects include a $5,912,434 transfer from the FY2013 Operating Fund, and identifies $5,248,000 in water projects and $19,090,007 in sewer projects. The budget includes a new formula for calculating System Development Charges, resulting in a slight decrease in the customer charge for an SDC.
The adopted budget includes a one percent market adjustment in employee salaries, merit adjustments of up to two percent of salary, three new positions, and some reclassifications based upon changes in job duties or market analysis.
Other business approved by the Authority include:
- Adoption of a Sponsorship Policy;
- Approval of the Chief Operating Officer/Deputy CEO to act as Interim Chief Executive Officer in the event the CEO is unable to serve;
- Resolution adding the Chief Operating Officer as a authorized signer on the Authority’s bank account;
- Authorized a contract for the FY2013 Audit with Thompson, Price, Scott, Adams & Co., in the amount of $31,720;
- Approved a construction contract with T.A. Loving for the 30th Street sewer project, in the amount of $1,289,656.75;
- Approved a contract with T.A. Loving Company for the Smith Creek/Alandale pump station project, in the amount of $2,161,145;
- Approved a contract with Layne Inliner, LLC, for the McCumber’s Ditch sewer project, in the amount of $1,053,835;
- Approved interlocal agreements with the City of Wilmington for the 30th Street and McCumber’s Ditch projects;
- Accepted capital contributions from NNP-IV Cape Fear River, LLC, as part of an existing developer agreement;
- Approved the writing off of uncollectible accounts over three years old or discharged in bankruptcy.
The Authority received a report on its financial billing needs assessment and a review of the construction bidding process used by staff.
Supporting documentation is available upon request, and the full agenda is available on the Authority website. The next regular meeting of the Cape Fear Public Utility Authority will be Wednesday, July 10, 2013, in the Harrell Conference Room of the New Hanover County Administration Building, 230 Government Center Drive, Wilmington, North Carolina.
2012 Annual Report Presentation
2011 Bond Sale Presentation
Efficiency and Competitiveness Study Summary
Efficiency and Competitiveness Study Presentation
Efficiency and Competitiveness Study
Rate Study Presentation