The Cape Fear Area is experiencing a surge in need for utility assistance. Some of our neighbors are faced with losing essential services like safe and reliable drinking water because of financial struggles caused by illness, unemployment and more. The Cape Fear Public Utility Authority (CFPUA) has teamed up with the United Way of the Cape Fear Area to help address these needs.
CFPUA has initiated the CFPUA Assist – Neighbors Helping Neighbors program that will be administered by the United Way. The United Way of the Cape Fear Area has been partnering in utility assistance with the Salvation Army for many years. The bulk of the assistance has previously gone to electric utility assistance; however water utility access is even more critical and has become an emerging gap. Therefore, the United Way and the Salvation Army are planning to team up, once again to tackle this important community issue by working directly with the CFPUA.
For additional program informationc click here
or contact United Way at 798-3900.
There are many ways for you to donate:
- Send check payable to CFPUA Assist to
United Way of the Cape Fear Area
5919 Oleander Drive, Suite 115
Wilmington, NC 28403
- Donate online with United Way. Click here and choose CFPUA Assist in the Donation Category.
- Set up an amount to be included on each of your CFPUA bills. Contact CFPUA at (910) 332-6550
- Set up recurring payment with United Way. Contact United Way at (910) 798-3911
- Make a cash, check or debit/credit card payment in person at 235 Government Center Drive or at 305 Chestnut Street.