The Cape Fear Public Utility Authority’s mission is to provide high quality water and sewer service in an environmentally responsible manner while maintaining the lowest practicable cost.
- 9 a.m.
- 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Room 601 Lucie Harrell Conference 230 Government Center Dr.Wilmington, North Carolina
Monthly Board Meeting Summary
CFPUA held its monthly meeting on Wednesday, June 14, 2017. The Board received staff and committee reports and conducted the following business:
Held a public hearing and adopted the FY2018 Budget of $79,518,671. The Budget includes transfers to capital projects in the amount of $14,906,616. The budget passed by an eight to two vote, with Ms. Kusek and Mr. Brown voting against.
- Received a report from Executive Director, Jim Flechtner, regarding the GenX water concerns and received public comment on the issue.
- Approved the FY17 Audit Services contract.
- Approved system development charges for customers in the Marquis Hills and Sago Bay for their 180-day mandatory connection time frame.
- Amended an ILA with New Hanover County for U.S. Highway 421 corridor design, permitting, and right-of-way acquisitions.
- Approved an ILA with New Hanover County for the preliminary engineering report on a water main along the GE/I-140 corridor.
- Approved a contract amendment with Black & Veatch for infiltration and inflow monitoring.
- Approved a sewer capacity reservation agreement with Whiskey Navajo Development Partners, LLC.
- Approved a contract with McKim & Creed for the Kings Bluff raw water transmission main.
- Approved an ordinance revision for capacity allocations related to reimbursement agreements.
- Approved a change order with Cajenn Construction Company for find-it-fix-it projects.
- Approved a vehicle maintenance contract.
- Approved a change order the enterprise software replacement project.
- Approved participation in a cooperative purchasing interlocal agreement.
- Approved write-offs of uncollectible accounts in the amount of $239,984.88. The City’s portion of the write-offs has been reviewed and approved.
The full agenda of the June meeting and supporting documentation may be found on the CFPUA website agenda portal. Paper copies can be provided upon request.The next meeting of the Board will be a Special Meeting on Friday, June 16, 2017, to receive an update on GenX. The special meeting will be held in the CFPUA offices, 235 Government Center Drive, Wilmington, North Carolina, and will commence at 9:00 AM. The next regular meeting will be Wednesday, July 12, 2017, at 9:00 AM in the Lucie Harrell Conference Room, 230 Government Center Drive, Wilmington, North Carolina.
Donna S. Pope, Clerk to the Board
Meetings are televised and are posted in the video archives once available.
Visit our Authority Board Members page to see who serves on this board.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Agendas and Minutes From 2011 and Older
Policy for Public Comment
The Cape Fear Public Utility Authority establishes the following policy for public comment before the Authority Board. All comments and suggestions addressed to the Board during the Public Comment Period shall be subject to the following guidelines:
- The public comment period shall be held at the beginning of the meeting on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 9 a.m. and shall last no longer than 15 minutes. Time can be extended at the discretion of the Board.
- Each speaker will have a maximum of 4 minutes to make remarks.
- No time will be yielded to a speaker by another speaker.
- Persons who wish to address the Board will register on a sign-up sheet that will be available in the meeting room. The sign-up sheet will be available 15 minutes before the start of the meeting.
- Persons who wish to address the Board regarding items on the day's agenda shall notify the Clerk prior to the meeting and register on the sign-up sheet identifying the item to be discussed. The Board shall entertain a motion and vote as to whether or not a person may speak regarding an Agenda item.
- Speakers will be acknowledged by the Board in the order in which their names appear on the sign-up sheet. Speakers will address the Board from the lectern and begin their remarks by stating their name and address.
- Public comment is not intended to require the Board to answer any impromptu questions. Any action on items brought up during the comment period will be at the discretion of the Board.
- Speakers will discuss issues germane to the Cape Fear Public Utility Authority.
- Speakers shall not discuss matters deemed to be "closed session" type issues (personnel matters, litigation, property acquisition, attorney-client privilege, matters made confidential bylaw, and matters which are the subject of public hearings).
- Speakers will not discuss matters regarding the candidacy of any person seeking public office, including the candidacy of the person addressing the Board.
- Speakers will be courteous in their language and presentation. Profanity and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- Written comments and/or supporting documents maybe left with the Clerk to the Board.