CFPUA’s mission is to provide high quality water and sewer service in an environmentally responsible manner while maintaining the lowest practicable cost.
- 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Room 601 Lucie Harrell Conference 230 Government Center Dr.Wilmington, North Carolina
Monthly Board Meeting SummaryThe Cape Fear Public Utility Authority held its monthly meeting on Wednesday, March 14, 2018. The Board received reports and conducted the following business:
- Authorized contracts and amendments in the furtherance of CFPUA's regular business.
- Approved a letter to NC DEQ, Governor Cooper, and NC DHHS regarding levels of unregulated compounds.
- Approved additional capital funds for upgrades to the King's Bluff raw water pump station in Bladen County.
- The full agenda and supporting documentation may be found through the CFPUA web portal. Paper copies will be provided upon request.
- The next CFPUA meeting will be Wednesday, April 11, 2018. The April meeting will include a public hearing for the FY2019 System Development Charges. The Board will meet in the Lucie Harrell Conference Room, 230 Government Center Drive, Wilmington, North Carolina, at 9:00 AM.
Donna S. Pope, Clerk to the Board
Meetings are televised and are posted in the video archives once available.
Visit our Authority Board Members page to see who serves on this board.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Agendas and Minutes From 2011 and Older
Policy for Public Comment
The Cape Fear Public Utility Authority establishes the following policy for public comment before the Authority Board. All comments and suggestions addressed to the Board during the Public Comment Period shall be subject to the following guidelines:
- The public comment period shall be held at the beginning of the meeting on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 9 a.m. and shall last no longer than 15 minutes. Time can be extended at the discretion of the Board.
- Each speaker will have a maximum of 4 minutes to make remarks.
- No time will be yielded to a speaker by another speaker.
- Persons who wish to address the Board will register on a sign-up sheet that will be available in the meeting room. The sign-up sheet will be available 15 minutes before the start of the meeting.
- Persons who wish to address the Board regarding items on the day's agenda shall notify the Clerk prior to the meeting and register on the sign-up sheet identifying the item to be discussed. The Board shall entertain a motion and vote as to whether or not a person may speak regarding an Agenda item.
- Speakers will be acknowledged by the Board in the order in which their names appear on the sign-up sheet. Speakers will address the Board from the lectern and begin their remarks by stating their name and address.
- Public comment is not intended to require the Board to answer any impromptu questions. Any action on items brought up during the comment period will be at the discretion of the Board.
- Speakers will discuss issues germane to the Cape Fear Public Utility Authority.
- Speakers shall not discuss matters deemed to be "closed session" type issues (personnel matters, litigation, property acquisition, attorney-client privilege, matters made confidential bylaw, and matters which are the subject of public hearings).
- Speakers will not discuss matters regarding the candidacy of any person seeking public office, including the candidacy of the person addressing the Board.
- Speakers will be courteous in their language and presentation. Profanity and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- Written comments and/or supporting documents maybe left with the Clerk to the Board.