Grease Interceptor Pumping Frequency Variance Request
Food Service Establishment (FSE) Instructions
- The owner or responsible official of a permitted FSE may apply for a variance study after operating for a minimum of 90 days by mailing a request to the Senior Environmental Compliance Officer or use our online Contact Form. The request must include:
- A request for a variance study
- A menu
- How the food is prepared
- How the food is serves (i.e. types of places, wares, & etc.)
- How food waste is disposed
- Kitchen cleanup procedures
- The FSE will be charged for the study in accordance with the current fee schedule.
- The Compliance Officer will coordinate with the FSE to observe a grease interceptor service at the start of the study. This is to ensure that the grease interceptor is functioning as designed and does not require repair.
- The study shall not begin until the interceptor is observed by a Compliance officer while being pumped by a service company.
- The study shall not continue until required repairs or modifications are made.
- A Compliance officer will inspect the Interceptor approximately monthly during the study. At the conclusion of the study a certified letter will be mailed to the FSE indicating the required pumping frequency.
For additional information please call 910-332-6558 or use our online Contact Form.