Grease Interceptor Pumping Frequency Variance Request

Food Service Establishment (FSE) Instructions

  1. The owner or responsible official of a permitted FSE may apply for a variance study after operating for a minimum of 90 days by mailing a request to the Senior Environmental Compliance Officer or use our online Contact Form. The request must include:
    • A request for a variance study
    • A menu
    • How the food is prepared
    • How the food is serves (i.e. types of places, wares, & etc.)
    • How food waste is disposed
    • Kitchen cleanup procedures
  2. The FSE will be charged for the study in accordance with the current fee schedule.
  3. The Compliance Officer will coordinate with the FSE to observe a grease interceptor service at the start of the study. This is to ensure that the grease interceptor is functioning as designed and does not require repair.
  4. The study shall not begin until the interceptor is observed by a Compliance officer while being pumped by a service company.
  5. The study shall not continue until required repairs or modifications are made.
  6. A Compliance officer will inspect the Interceptor approximately monthly during the study. At the conclusion of the study a certified letter will be mailed to the FSE indicating the required pumping frequency.

More Information

For additional information please call 910-332-6558 or use our online Contact Form.