Whom should I call if I have an emergency situation with my water and sewer after hours?
910-332-6565 is the number to call for any emergency, no matter what time or day. Emergencies include major leaks, sewer spills, alarms sounding at pump stations, or any situation which endangers life, public health, or property.
How have my rates changed?
CFPUA has the legal right and obligation to set rates at a level to ensure adequate funding for water and sewer operations and capital improvements throughout New Hanover County, which also includes the City of Wilmington.
Do I need to change any information with my online banking?
To ensure prompt and accurate posting of your payment you must change the following:
  • The company name to CFPUA
  • Mail to 235 Government Center Drive, Wilmington, NC 28403
  • Your account numbers which are located in the top right corner of your bill
What security measures are being taken to protect my personal information, including my bank account number if I have signed up for automatic draft?
CFPUA has set up appropriate measures in compliance with all state, federal, and banking regulations to keep your information secure.
Will any of my personal information be considered public record or released?
No, it will not. North Carolina laws designate utility billing records as non-public. None of your personal information, charges for services, or record of payments will be given out unless you provide written consent.
Where are you located?
CFPUA has offices at 235 Government Center and at 305 Chestnut Street in Wilmington, NC.
What are your office hours?
Office hours at 235 Government Center are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.. Both offices are open Monday through Friday except for state holidays.
Do you give elderly or disabled discounts?
No discounts are given. By law CFPUA must charge all residential class customers the same rates.
Does CFPUA provide trash and storm water services?
No, they do not. The City of Wilmington provides trash and storm water services, but has an agreement with CFPUA to include these with water and sewer charges so customers get just one utility bill. If you have a question about your storm water fees, call 910-343-4777. If you have a concern about your trash services call 910-341-7875.